Sunday, September 21, 2008

I Shouldn't Be Allowed to Drive

Ok so Saturday morning I woke up and was so excited to be at home and have no plans for the day. I played with Mackenzie, went for a run and then decided to load her up in the car to go SHOPPING. I first had to stop and get gas, my least favorite thing on the planet to do and then we were going to be on our way. I was waiting to exit the gas station and there was a lot of ongoing traffic and I was on the phone with my mom so I decided just to sit there for a minute, no one was behind me, so this way I could finish my conversation and then be on the way. When out of NOWHERE something, still don't know what it was, flew at my drivers side window. I was completely stunned, I didn't know what to do, I looked up and a van with a flat tire went up the curb infront of me and sped around the corner. I told my mom I almost just died and I would have to call her back. I pulled back into the gas station and got out to look at my car, I didn't notice a great deal of damage so for a second I thought I was going crazy. Then a bunch of people came running over to my car to see if I was ok and said that they had never seen anything like that before. Before you know it I went after the lady only to find her parked in the back of an apartment complex where the police had found her. She had hit another car and sped away and all of the debris had hit my car as she was trying to get away.
So it gets better, Bret comes to meet us, yes Mackenzie was in the car, but she was as happy as could be singing Mamma Mia like nothing had happened. Bret had asked if I was ok and I told him that the back of my head was hurting and before I knew it I was being placed on a stretcher, taped down, neck brace on, and Mackenzie screaming bloody murder. This of course made me panic and I had an anxiety attack. They then loaded me in the ambulance where they took me to the hospital gave me lots of meds and sent me home to sleep, and sleep and sleep.
Today I woke up and am doing well. I thank my lucky stars that our car got hit just where it did because it could have been so much worse, and my beautiful little girl is as healthy as ever. But I really think someone is trying to tell me to stay off of the road, who else has been hit more than once when they were PARKED????

2 comments:

Frosh said...

No harm, no fuss, as long as your alright, that's all that matters.

Charlotte Wedding Photographer - The Schultzes said...

So glad you're okay! Crazy!