Monday, May 3, 2010

Half Marathon

Mackenzie went crazy with my moms sticker basket at her school
Geeky and Mackenzie

Aunt Bibby, Mackenzie and I going to the movies

Enjoying pizza before our movie

Playing Chutes and Ladders

Out to dinner with my parents

Very early in the morning before the race


Right after I finished, just a little sweaty

Best cheerleaders

Friends from AZ who also ran



The whole group




For the past 3 months I have been training for the Orange County Half Marathon, and this past weekend was the big event. Terri and Kristen came in to town to help Bret with the babies and I took Mackenzie with me to CA. We had a blast, we first visited my mom at her school on Friday, that night we went to the movies, then on Sat my mom and I went to get my bib number and went to an amazing swap meet, while Tracy took Mackenzie to an amusement park. I then got to go to my favorite restaurant, woodranch, with the entire family and load up on steak before the big race. Sunday morning came, up by 4:30 and ran the half marathon, 13.1 miles in one hour, fifty four minutes. I was soooo excited, this was my best time ever, and I was nervous because of only having the babies 4 months ago, but I met my goal and felt such a feeling of accomplishment. Now it's on to a full marathon in October:)
Mackenzie and I then loaded up in the car and drove back home, we had a fantastic weekend, and a big thanks to Terri and Kristen for helping with the babies so that I could go and not have any worries.

No comments: