Tuesday, March 24, 2009

My little Basketball Star

Proud mama and her basketball player


Perfect form

Learning to dribble

What a great pass

Bret and I are trying to put Mackenzie in alot of different things so she can pick and choose what she likes the best. Well most of you know, I love basketball, so I am very excited to say that she has started taking classes. It is just a 6 week class to help 3-4 year olds learn basic skills. We went shopping on Friday to get her Nike tennis shoes and some basketball shorts and shirts. She was so excited, she told me that she needed all orange shirts and shorts because that is what they wear on t.v. (the uniforms). She loved her new clothes that she wore them all weekend. Mackenzie did so awesome for her first class. She listened so hard and worked on everything that was asked of her. She told me after class that she had to go "pee pee" the entire class. When I asked her why she didn't let me know, she replied "because mama I had to do the whole class."

First the kids had to practice dribbling in place and then started walking while dribbling, she did great. Of course she needed a lot of help, and she would be so hard on herself, but she would let Bret and I help and then she would get more confidence. They then learned how to throw a chest pass, she concentrated sooo hard and was really good at the passing. Then it was shooting time, poor little thing had a hard time getting the ball up to the basket, but tried so hard. It was so fun to watch Mackenzie really pay attention and work hard. GP, my dad, is coming this weekend because this is his love, so it will be interesting to see how she does with him being there. All in all it was a great way to start our Saturday.

No comments: