Monday, January 4, 2010

The Babies have Arrived



Our first family of 5 walk

Daddy and his two babies
What a good big sister
Mackenzie and Rylee
Emma and Rylee
First trip to visit stroller strides
First trip to Starbucks

First trip to the grocery store
Mommas three girls
Rylee...touchdown
Bret and I going on a date we had enough babysitters:)
Happy New Year
Nielsen family of 5
Party animals
Too cute

Two babies and Momma
Emma and Rylee
First time in real clothes not just sleepers

Emma and her pudgy cheeks
They mix in well with Mackenzies stuffed animals

Rylee enjoying the swing for the first time


Emma...Mackenzie used to love this mat

The Nielsen Babies have arrived and they couldn't be more perfect. I had a planned c-section on Dec 18th because Rylee was breech and everything went well. Rylee weighed in at 6lbs 6 oz and Emma weighed in at 6lbs 5 oz, they both were 19 1/4 inches. They are so tiny compared to what Mackenzie was, but for being twins they are considered big. The c-section was brutal, thank goodness I won't ever have to go through that again. My pregnancies are always great, but my recovery is always so hard. The night before I delivered my feet began to swell and then when I went in for delivery my Dr. said that I had become pre-eclamptic, which is common with twins and usually goes away once the babies come out. I went in for the c-section, which wasn't painful except for my shoulders hurting from my abdomen being open, which still grosses me out. Then they took the babies to the nursery and I had to go to recovery for 3 hours, my body was in shock so literally I shook for 3 hours as if I was sitting naked in a snow storm. I had heated blankets all over my body and my head and it still didn't help. Finally after 3 hours I was taken to my room where I got to see my family and my babies. I became really nauseous so they decided to give me morphine through my iv for pain meds, which made me delirious. Finally after two days they took me off of the morphine and I felt better and could eat. At the hospital where I delivered Mackenzie wasn't able to visit us because of the swine flu so she would come to the waiting room and if I wanted to see her I could only see her there, she also couldn't see the babies. This was really hard for her, because I have never been away from her for 5 days and everything was scary for her. My sister took great care of her during those days and I got to see her for a few minutes each day, but I wasn't feeling well so I couldn't stay out in the waiting room for more than a few minutes at a time. Finally I was going to get to go home, and then I got a migraine and was throwing up. If you have ever had a c-section and then had to throw up, you know how horrible it is, with your incision. My blood pressure also stayed extremely high so I was put on blood pressure meds and monitored closely. After 5 days in the hospital I was going insane, same with Bret, he was by my side the entire time, so we were glad it was finally time to go home. Recovery has been hard, but my blood pressure is under control, it is a little low now, which makes me light headed, but better than being too high. My incision is healing great and I am moving around much better. The babies on the other hand are fantastic. They are the easiest babies. Rylee is already sleeping 5 hours a night and Emma is about 3 hours. They are on the same schedule for feeding, which is nice. All in all things are great, Mackenzie is the best big sister ever, and is absolutely adorable with them. I will post more when time allows, it is definitely a crazy life right now with 3 kids, but also amazing

1 comment:

The Robbins Family said...

Congrats! The babies are beautiful:) I have waiting for pictures...checking your blog frequently! Kristen sent some pictures yesterday:) Take care of yourself. What a perfect family!