Thursday, February 12, 2009

A Healthy New Start

The pool of water that I was dunked in face first!!

Shopping for all healthy food, look at all the produce

Making room for all the new healthy food

The Nielsen family is having a complete health makeover. For stroller strides I am running a 3 month challenge for some of my moms to make a lifestyle change and become healthier. For this challenge all of the moms including myself were dunked under water to find our exact body fat and lean muscle measurements, and then after 3 months of the challenge we will be dunked again to see our results. I didn't think it would be right to put my moms through this without me joining them so I am doing it as well. Bret decided that he needs to get healthy as well so he is joining me and we are making a family lifestyle makeover.

We first started by cleaning out the pantry, refrigerator and freezer and then I went and bought all new healthy foods. Many of you who know me well know that I don't eat anything green, so buying lots of things in the produce section was a huge change for me. I took a picture just to prove that I actually shopped there. Bret and I are also doing this fitness program called P90X, which is a 90 day fitness program consisting of cardio and strength training. It is a lot of fun to work out together, and this program is no joke, we are both drenched in sweat at the end of each workout, I know too much information.

We are currently on day 5 and we are doing well. Bret is doing awesome, he is taking his lunch to work, which is also saving money. He says that he has a lot more energy. I will keep you posted as to how we are doing on our 90 day journey, only 85 days to go:)

1 comment:

LaDue & Crew said...

There are green things in your basket, and they are touching!! OhMyGoD!!! I am sooooo proud of you!! Guess what???!!! I put Tayler in her stroller tonight, and RAN around my neighborhood, without being told to do it- HA!!