Monday, January 5, 2009

Merry Christmas Eve


playing with one of her new gifts

A picture of all of the gifts

All of us in matching PJ'S

Christmas Eve is my favorite day of the year. I love the lights, music, christmas cookies and spending time with my family. I love visiting my family, not only because I get to see and spend time with them, but also I get a mommy break. My mom does everything,I get to sleep in, read a magazine, go for a run all by myself. I know this sounds selfish, but all mommies deserve a break now and then.

On Christmas Eve we open all of our presents and on Christmas day we only open Santa presents to Mackenzie and then stockings at night. So needless to say there are tons of presents to be opened on Christmas Eve, I think this year we started at about 3 and ended after 10. Mackenzie had so much fun, but then got too overwhelmed and had to go to bed a little early. It has become a tradition that we all wear matching pajamas, which we always look so adorable in, even the dads!

Mackenzie wrote a letter to Santa and left him cookies, milk and carrots for the reindeer. We then went upstairs and read the Night before Christmas and then it was time for her to go to bed. My dad had told her earlier that if she heard the dogs barking it meant that Santa was there. So while my mom (get that my mom put her to bed) was putting Mackenzie to bed she heard the dogs bark and began to panic, she said Santa is here and he won't stay if everyone is still awake. She told my mom to tell everyone to go to bed immediately.

Santa did come and Mackenzie got everything that she wanted.

1 comment:

LaDue & Crew said...

I LOVE the everyone in the same jammies!!