Monday, January 5, 2009

WE LOVE SNOW

Mackenzie and Julia, best friends, waiting to open presents
Mackenzie throwing a snowball at daddy

the Nielsens...see our name in the snow

Our snowman, Jacco made most of him

Just the girls making snow angels

Boy do I have a lot of catching up to do. The Nielsen family took a week vacation before Christmas. On the Saturday before Christmas we loaded up our car and was ready for our fun filled week. Our first stop...Wrightwood...incase you don't know where this is it, it is a small town in the mountains of CA, close by Big Bear. My best friend Katie grew up there so her family has a vacation home there. We were meeting Katie and her family to celebrate Christmas. I can not believe how much it snowed, it was gorgeous.

We didn't arrive until 7pm so it was dark and snowy, very scary because Bret had never driven in the snow before, but we made it there safe and sound. Bret and I were so excited to start the holiday season off with a white Christmas. Our daughter on the other hand was not so excited. The whole ride she kept saying, I don't like snow, I don't want it in my hair, it's too cold. Bret and I were no longer traveling with our 3 year old, yet a 90 year old woman. However once she got out of the car and touched it for the first time she was hooked.

We built a snowman, had snowball fights, rolled in the snow, made gingerbread cookies, ate dinner at a little cabin and just had an overall blast with our friends. Bret has told me a story about how when he was little he fell in the snow and was covered up to his head and he even lost his snoopy boot. So he was a little hesitant to get into the snow. Once he stepped in the snow was up to his waist, if you have ever seen a 200 pound man panic it is hilarious. You would have thought he was going to drown in the snow, he started yelling that he couldn't get out. He didn't think it was funny, but it took me a good 10 minutes to stop laughing. All in all our snow fun was a great way to start our trip.

1 comment:

LaDue & Crew said...

hahaha...Bret... I gotta let Larry read this one!